2016 Fall Coffeehouse Review

2016 Fall Coffeehouse Review

Shan Rizwan, Editor-In-Chief

On November 11, 2016, the Delbarton Fall Coffeehouse witnessed a slew of great performances.

As you may already know, a “coffeehouse” is a student-run event aimed to raise money for charity. During this time, musicians, singers, poets, and others perform. This coffeehouse aimed to support the Thanksgiving Food Drive.

Rock Band kicked off the night with an impressive cover of “My Sharona” by The Knack. Other songs included “Sunday Morning” by Maroon 5 and “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers.

Their energy at the outset provided a good indication of the night to come.

Following Rock Band, Delbarton senior Shawn Rizwan took the stage with a cover of “Take Me To Church” by Hozier. Then, fellow senior Maddie Boyer ’17 (Kent Place) performed several original songs with accompaniment by John Paciga ‘18.

The Benedictones covered Kelly Clarkson’s “Since U Been Gone”  and Elvis Presley’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love”. Moreover, the newly created band Five-Pointed Star (Norman Chen-Liaw ’17, Austin Westfield ’17, Tyler Davidson ’17, Max Alexy ’19) played several rockin’ tunes.

Other performers included Roggi Chuquimarca ’17, Tori Van Loon ’19 (Villa Walsh), Carly Toth ’19 (Villa Walsh), Charlie Flanagan ’21, and John Paciga ’18.

Special thanks to John Paciga, Tyler Davidson, and the many parents who helped make this whole night possible.

Thus, the Fall Coffeehouse was successful in its mission to raise money and host a number of unforgettable acts.