A Farewell to Mrs. Keller

Michael Harper, Staff Writer

With the end of the first fall term, Delbarton bids goodbye to Ms. Keller. Many of us enjoyed having her as a teacher, learning and having fun in her classroom. Some of us missed the opportunity to learn from this gifted and personable teacher.  Although Ms. Keller was a new teacher during the fall term, she was not a new member of the Delbarton community. In fact, as the sister of Mrs. Loveday, Ms. Keller attended a number of Delbarton events in the past and is acquainted with the school as a whole. When her sister left on maternity leave, Ms. Keller happily accepted the task of taking over several religion courses.

Born in New Jersey, Ms. Keller, with her sister, initially attended Villa Walsh Academy. However, her family moved quite frequently and later attended St. Andrew’s High School in Florida. Following high school, Ms. Keller received a bachelor’s degree from Holy Cross University, majoring in Pre-Law and history and concentrating in Women’s Studies. She is currently working on a doctorate on “Peace and Conflict Resolutions”, specifically on how North Ireland mixed martial arts could be used as a peace building exercise. Aside from schooling, she has also taught at other schools, including The Peck School, and was a development associate of the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York.

Regarding her experience at Delbarton, she explained that it was “lovely” and that she had “grown fond of her students.” Furthermore, she spoke on end about the Delbarton students and how they “are passionate about education.” She greatly enjoyed teaching both Genocides and Prophets. Finally, as the interview concluded, Ms. Keller stated, “I think that [Delbarton] is a really special place.”

Michael Harper, ‘18, one of Ms. Keller’s students in Prophets, asserted, “Ms. Keller is one of the best teachers I have had. Throughout Prophets, she clearly explained several passages from the Bible and their significance to the course. Furthermore, she would always be available to go over difficult material or to just merely discuss various topics.” Although only here for one term, Ms. Keller will be surely missed. We hope to see her in the future at one of the many Delbarton events throughout the year.