Bowling Season Preview

Andrew Gannon, Staff Writer

Last week, Andrew White, one of the seniors on the Delbarton Varsity Bowling team, discussed his hopes and expectations about the upcoming bowling season. 

The bowling squad is led by Coach Kacy Kane, a geometry and algebra teacher here at Delbarton.  Besides Andrew White, other team members include seniors Jamir Reddick, Matt Hanifin, and Dante Corrado. Not to be overlooked is sophomore Owen Magnier.

Jamir Reddick is the only returning varsity player in addition to Andrew. When asked about Jamir, White said that “his etiquette is unparalleled and he always puts his best foot forward.”

Matt Hanifin has the team’s second best average score per game on the team.

Owen Magnier, the youngest bowler on the team, is new to the varsity squad. White remarked that Owen is “of great character and class” and “thrives to improve in any way possible.”

The newest member of the team is Dante Corrado, who joined a few games into the season this year. White calls his talent “consistent” and “very promising.”

Though the team has suffered due to many members of last year’s senior-heavy team graduating, White is confident about the Green Wave’s ability to compete. “This season is definitely a rebuilding season, but I have no doubt that all of the guys will improve together,” said Andrew.

The team is coached by first-year Delbarton teacher Kacy Kane, affectionately called “Coach K” by his players. Kane is a former high school bowler himself, reaching as high as #7 in the national rankings. Coach K is a veteran of the game and clearly shows it in his interactions with the team. Says Andrew, “Coach K shows respect and care for every player on the team and wants us to improve every day.”

Though the Green Wave bowling team may be in rebuilding mode, there is certainly hope that the team can put together yet another strong season this year.