A Word of Introduction from the New Student Body President

Liam Higgins, Contributor

I would like to begin by thanking all of you for electing me as your Student Body President. It is truly an honor and a privilege, and I am very humbled. I would also like to congratulate Dan Cimaglia on an outstanding year, and thank him for all he has done. Dan has been by my side since I was elected, and is making the transition very smooth.

Under Dan’s leadership we had an incredible year. Spirit Week was awesome and the support at events was higher than it ever has been during my time at Delbarton. As Student Body President I want to keep the momentum going. Next year is going to be incredible because we are going to make it incredible. The best way to have a great experience at Delbarton is to get involved, and I want everyone to have a great experience. We are brothers at Delbarton and I want everybody to know that we are going to have each other’s backs at all events. So next year, I want to have huge pits at all sporting events, and make sure that all the plays and concerts are filled with students. I would also like to put a bigger emphasis on community service next year. Mr. Hajduk pointed out to me that students tend to view community service as something they need to do once, and then they check it off the list. Well, next year I want to make sure all students are participating in community service throughout the entire year.  100% of Delbarton students participate in community service, which is incredible considering there is no requirement, and I want to encourage doing community service and getting involved as a whole. I went to the Run It Out 5K this year, and it was a truly great feeling to know I was helping out such a great cause. I want all Delbarton students to experience the same feeling while participating in community service all throughout the year.

Lastly, I would like to thank the Class of 2016 for making this year the most fun and memorable year of my Delbarton career. The majority of all pits were seniors and you guys encouraged the younger classmen to go to events and participate in all activities. I am going to miss you all greatly, and I hope you all have a great time at college.

Go Green Wave!

-Liam Higgins