Delbarton Winter Musical Preview: Catch Me If You Can!

Yajur Sriraman, Arts Section Editor

The Delbarton Theater Program is getting ready to present the annual winter musical.  This year, we are performing Catch Me If You Can. There will be a show on Friday…and Saturday…and Sunday! Three chances to see the hard work of our actors come to fruition. Below is a quick plot summary of Catch Me If You Can from the Delbarton Arts webpage:

Seeking fame and fortune, precocious teenager, Frank Abagnale, Jr., runs away from home to begin an unforgettable adventure. With nothing more than his boyish charm, a big imagination, and millions of dollars in forged checks, Frank successfully poses as a pilot, a doctor and a lawyer – living the high life and winning the girl of his dreams. But when Frank’s lies catch the attention of FBI agent, Carl Hanratty, Carl pursues Frank across the country to make him pay for his crimes. Based on the hit film and the incredible true story, Catch Me If You Can is the high-flying musical comedy about chasing your dreams and not getting caught. Nominated for four Tony awards, including Best Musical, this delightfully entertaining show was created by a Tony Award-winning “dream team,” with a book by Terrence McNally (The Full Monty, Ragtime) and a swinging score by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman (Hairspray).

Tickets for the musical are $13 per adult and $7 for students or seniors (ages 65+). To all students: come out to support your brothers, especially with the added incentive of STUDENT NIGHT on Friday evening! Come to Old Main to get pizza before you watch the show.

Tickets are available in the cafeteria this week, and they are also available online here. The show is at 7:30 pm on Friday and Saturday, and 2pm on Sunday.  Hope to see you there!