Wave-4-Life : A Sugary Success

Eric Hsieh, Editor-In-Chief

As students arrived to school on a crisp Tuesday morning, they were met with a sweet surprise…cupcakes. In honor of National Pro-Life Cupcake Day, the Wave-4-Life club distributed free sugary treats by the bus loop and in front of the flagpole. As students made the all important decision on whether to take vanilla with pink icing or chocolate with blue icing, they also got to enjoy great music.

The Wave-4-Life club describe themselves as “a team of dedicated students looking to promote a respect for life [which] is of immeasurable value from conception until natural death.” With 64 members on schoology, Wave-4-Life is one of the largest service groups on campus. Recently, they hosted a logo contest to decide what the new symbol of the club would be. The club will also help the Covenant House with Christmas decorations, and they will participate in the March For Life in Washington, DC. As one of the most active clubs on campus with experienced faculty and student leaders, it’s easy to see why this cupcake initiative was so successful.

The event was organized by club leaders Billy Schroeder, John Manahan, Joe Ryan, Jack Townsend, and Finn Gannon. Billy Schroeder, who has been an active member of the club since his freshman year, explained, “The goal was to celebrate the birthdays of all the children who never got to celebrate their own birthdays due to abortion. Additionally, we looked to spread awareness on what our club was doing this year after a successful logo contest.” Without a doubt, the club more than exceeded their goals. With the help of SAGE Dining Services, who was kind enough to supply 400 cupcakes, the club was not only able to bring a smile to the faces of their fellow students, but they also sparked a series of discussions about the pro-life movement and the club’s message.