Stranger Things Review

CJ Gasser, Campus Ministry Editor

“When your hair is damp — it’s not wet, okay? It’s damp.  Do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray.”

If I had to say what my favorite part of Season 2 of Stranger Things was, it would be this wise recommendation from Steve Harrington. This not only revealed the secrets to his luscious hair but showed what it truly meant to be a “cool” teenage guy in the 1980’s. As you may have heard, Stranger Things, a hit series on Netflix, was initially released in 2016. In October of 2017, Season 2 was released to anxious and addicted followers of the series. The science-fiction show is set in a world that appeals to a variety of ages. In Season One, we are introduced to four youngsters, who are typical nerdy 80’s teens. After a series of astounding events, a member of their group disappears. His disappearance appears to be linked to mysterious and shady activities at the Hawkins Lab, a branch of the United States Department of Energy. Later, the audience introduced to a young girl, named Eleven who was a test subject in Hawkins Lab and has strange telekinetic powers.  With the help of Eleven, the boys search for their missing friend, involving their families and the town’s troubled but well-meaning sheriff. I will not reveal what exactly happens in Season 1 or Season 2 but I urge you to get on the Stranger Things bandwagon.

In Season 2, some of the hidden and mysterious elements of Season 1 are revealed.  Season 2 focuses more on the characters’ inner struggles and personalities. Season 2 reveals hidden information about Eleven, the tender and loving aspects of Steve Harrington, and the boys’ true personalities. Season 2 ends with a “cliffhanger”, which only means that there will be another season of this jaw-dropping show.

I know if I were new to the show, I would want no spoilers! If you are ever wondering what you want to watch next on Netflix, I highly recommend Stranger Things. This show is the epitome of “binge-worthy” TV shows. You will not only fall in love with it; you will be consumed by it. So if you have an hour to spare over the Christmas break, watch an episode of Stranger Things by a friendly fire, a cup of hot cocoa and of course watch with the lights on.