Welcome Ben!

Welcome+Ben%21

CJ Gasser, Editor-in-Chief

“Who let the dogs out? Who? Who? Who?”

Father Michael most certainly did with our new “Delbarton Student” and “brother”; Ben the dog. As part of Father Michael’s initiative to enhance the overall environment of the school, he decided to get a dog to assuage the overall stress level for both students and faculty. Ben is named after St. Benedict and joined the Delbarton community in August of 2018. He is black lab/mastiff mix and is a very energetic and affectionate puppy. During our first morning meeting, on September 8th, Father Michael and members of the Senior Council revealed Delbarton’s new addition.

I had the opportunity to take Ben for a walk two weeks ago and had an amazing time! We walked around the FAC, Senior Garden, Senior Commons, and even had the opportunity to meet Mr. Rodi! If you ever get the chance to pet Ben or take him for a walk, you will notice why he is so special and such a unique aspect of Delbarton School. Father Michael’s commitment to the overall well-being of the students and his commitment to making Delbarton a happier place is evident in Ben’s outgoing personality.

If you ever want to check Ben out for a walk, you must go to Father Michael’s assistant, Mrs. Maguire. She will give you instructions, treats, and even some poopie bags! I found that time with Ben really takes the edge off during a busy and hectic day and allows you to enjoy some puppy play and the beauty of our campus.  Ben is a special animal and “emotional support” dog and I look forward to seeing Ben grow as a dog and grow as a brother in this amazing community!