Delbarton Wrestling 2018-2019 Preview

AJ Lonski, Staff Writer

Last year, Delbarton Wrestling had a very successful season. However, six starting seniors – Pat Glory, Travis Tavoso, Cole Kreshpane, John Cummings, Trey Zgombic, and Anthony Siragusa – graduated. Despite losing a substantial number of seniors, Delbarton Wrestling has gained many promising underclassmen.

Freshman PJ Casale, who wrestles in the 220 pound weight class, recently finished 8th at Beast of the East, a nationally recognized tournament. Likewise, freshmen Andy Troczynski, Colin Calvetti, Jack Sharma, and Nick Oliveri have also been experiencing success at the varsity level. Returning this year are varsity members Kieran Calvetti, Dante Stefanelli, and Liam Gray.

Despite returning only two seniors, (AJ Lonski and Vinnie Andreano), the team looks to have a very promising and successful season. Returning nationally ranked wrestlers Nico Nardone and Anthony Clark are looking to further their already notable accolades. Last year, Delbarton was ranked as high as 12th in the country, and 2nd in the state. Currently, this year’s team is ranked 5th in the state, but the wrestling team has the ability to achieve greatness. Delbarton wrestling has been and continues to be a tradition of excellence, and the team is confident that the determination and tenacity of the young athletes in the wrestling room will lead the team to a successful season.

Below is a list of the projected varsity lineup and their weight class:

106- Toma Fischer (Sophomore)

113- Nico Nardone (Sophomore)

120- Anthony Clark (Junior)

126- Jack Napeloni (Sophomore)

132- Matt Holleran (Sophomore)

138- Andy Troczynski (Freshman)

145- Colin Calvetti (Freshman)/Anthony Russo (Junior)

152- Dante Stefanelli (Junior)

160- Vinnie Andreano (Senior)

170- AJ Lonski (Senior)

182- Kieran Calvetti (Junior)

195- Luke Chakonis (Junior)

220- PJ Casale (Freshman)

285- Liam Gray (Junior)