Delbarton School Hosts Men’s Choral Festival, January 28

Groups from Seton Hall Prep, St Peter’s Prep and Bergen Catholic will join Schola Cantorum and the Rutger’s University Glee Club.

Michael Harper, Staff Writer

Delbarton School’s Arts Council is proud to present a special All Men’s Choral Collaboration Festival on Saturday evening, January 28th, at 7:30 PM in the Fine Arts Center. The Delbarton members of the Schola Cantorum, led by Music Director David Blazier, will host choir ensembles from Seton Hall Prep, St. Peter’s Prep, and Bergen Catholic, and are very pleased that the Rutgers University Glee Club, under the direction of Dr. Patrick Gardner, will perform as well.

The choirs will join on stage for a diverse and exciting night of men’s choral singing. Rutgers University Glee Club is one of the oldest and most distinguished men’s choruses in the United States. We at Delbarton are pleased to welcome this illustrious group, as well as our brother high schools, and share this special evening of choral performances with our community.

Last year, an eclectic array of thrilling and fun music was sung by all choirs who partook in the Festival. It was a wonderful evening for the singers and audience alike.

Tickets are $12 for adults, $6 for students  and are available online at www.delbarton.org/music. All music lovers are cordially invited to attend this very special evening of choral performances at Delbarton. Proceeds from the concert benefit the Delbarton Arts Council (DAC), which supports Delbarton arts programs throughout the year.