Welcome Mr. McEvoy!

CJ Gasser, Campus Ministry Editor

“Knowledge is the life of the mind”- Abu Bakr. I would like to begin by welcoming Mr. McEvoy to the amazing Delbarton community and faculty! Mr. Timothy McEvoy started at Delbarton this past September and teaches Math and Physics; he is also one of the Freshman soccer coaches. Mr. McEvoy is a native of New Jersey and grew up in Lafayette. He attended High Point High School, and later attended Catholic University to major in Math, Physics and minor in Theology and Philosophy. After graduating from Catholic University, Mr. McEvoy went to Notre Dame to earn his masters degree in teaching. While at Notre Dame, Mr. McEvoy became involved with the Alliance of Catholic Education. This program assigns teachers to Catholic dioceses in need of educational reform or general teaching. Mr. McEvoy was assigned to Bishop Kenny High School in Jacksonville, Florida. At this school, Mr. McEvoy reorganized their Math curriculum to make it more aligned with SAT questions and college board criteria. Mr. McEvoy continues this concept with his current classes at Delbarton, as part of a “Do Now” activity at the beginning of each class.  Mr. McEvoy works for the College Board on a part time basis and has taught many AP and reads AP computer science tests, but his main priority is Delbarton!

During Mr. McEvoy’s transition to Delbarton, he has felt very welcomed and accepted in the community. Teachers in the Math department, in addition to Mr. Thompson and Dr. Donovan have helped Mr. McEvoy’s transition be the best possible experience. The students have also been very welcoming to Mr. McEvoy and his unique teaching style. In addition to his career, Mr. McEvoy is a huge Yankees fan and loves to read books on analytics. One interesting fact about Mr. McEvoy is that he was able to meet Father Hesburgh during his time at Notre Dame. Father Hesburgh was one of the most influential people at Notre Dame and was the person to allow the first group of girls attend Notre Dame. As you can tell, Mr. McEvoy has done a lot in such a short time! I am lucky enough to have Mr. McEvoy as my Pre-Calc teacher and have enjoyed his teaching style and approach towards mathematics. Mr. McEvoy is a great addition to the Delbarton community, and will be for years to come!