Student of the Week: James “Skegs” Visceglia

Matthew Harper, Editor-in-Chief

Among the Delbarton community, James Visceglia, known by his nickname “Skegs,” has won the favor of his friends, peers, and teachers. He has been here since seventh grade and is now a senior. Throughout his years, he has been involved in a multitude of extracurricular activities, such as Schola Cantorum, Rock Band, and Track and Field. In addition to his involvement in extracurricular activities, he also has many talents.  He has an uncanny ability with impersonations. For example, during the Talent Show every year, he shows off his amazing Gollum voice.

Dan Pieraccini, the moderator of Rock Band, stated, “James has been shredding for the Delbarton Rock Band since he first got here his freshman year. He’s come a long way both with his guitar skills, his singing, and in leading a band. He’s got that classic rock style, and we’re going to miss him when he graduates.”

Michael Harper fondly said, “He is a really good Christian, and he thinks of others before himself.”

This past Homecoming, Skegs was put to the test when a fellow student had anaphylactic shock and urgently needed an epipen. He was asked to run to the nurse to get the epipen. James did not hesitate, insistent of saving this boy’s life. Even though a parent found an epipen before he was able to return, Skegs demonstrated a keen sense of adeptness and understanding of the situation. Below is a picture of him running towards the boy:

You may notice the hair in this picture is quite long, especially compared to his haircut today. To explain this situation, we must first look back to April 1, 2017. On this day, Skegs made a bet with David Gilfillan that if David got over 300 likes on a Schoology post, Skegs would shave his head. Below is that very post:

Recently, Skegs fulfilled his promise and came to school with a brand new haircut:

Congratulations to James Visceglia on being Student of the Week!