The Courier

The student news site of The Delbarton School

The Courier

The Courier

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

2023-2024 Green Wave Basketball Recap

Great Run in Year One!

Under first-year head coach Coach Crane, the Delbarton varsity basketball team had a very successful season with a record of 22-5. This particular Delbarton team had a much more challenging schedule than in years past and met that challenge! The team fought through considerable adversity throughout the season and battled through some some tight games in the 2023-2024 basketball season.

The greatest accomplishment for this team was beating Mendham in the Morris County finals by a score of 47-46. In that game, Delbarton got off to a slow start and was trailing for most of the game until the 4th quarter. Will McGinty had a game-winning layup that would award Delbarton with the County Championship. However, the road to the Morris County final was by no means easy for the Green Wave. Delbarton beat Mount Olive, West Morris, and Madison to earn the Morris County final berth.

After winning the Morris County championship, Delbarton had its eyes set on the NJSIAA non-public A state tournament. The Green Wave had a dominant performance against Newark Academy, winning 70-26 in the first round. Unfortunately, the Green Wave would fall short to a very talented and tough Hudson Catholic team in the second round. The three senior captains in Will McGinty, Lincoln Zimmerman, and Michael Van Raaphorst, anchored this team’s through their success this year. Lincoln Zimmerman was awarded 1st team All-Tournament team and 2nd team All-County. Michael Van Raaphorst was tournament MVP and 1st team All-County. Van Raaphorst was the team’s leading scorer this season, while Zimmerman was a close second. Congratulations to Coach Matt Crane and the Green Wave varsity basketball team for a very successful season.