Math Tutor Center

Matthew Harper, Editor-in-Chief

Having trouble doing your math homework because it looks like gibberish? Can’t seem to understand why mathematics have both numbers and letters? If you are having trouble with the content and procedures taught in your math class, feel free to stop by the Math Tutor Center!

Mrs. Judy Lee, Jason Rossi ‘19, and Jack Schaeffer ‘18 and I created the Math Tutor Center to meet a need among our brothers at Delbarton. In addition to simply scoring well on class assessments, our tutors aim to ensure that all students who seek help become logical thinkers and gain a complete understanding of the topic at hand. We currently have approximately 50 tutors working to help students understand various mathematical concepts and topics at all levels. Whether you find mathematics to be easy or difficult, you can contribute to the Math Tutor Center by either participating as a tutor or employing it as a resource!

Of course, your first step in asking for help should be to approach your classroom teacher. This is the person who best knows your work, and what he or she expects from you. However, if your teacher is not available, the Delbarton Math Tutor Center is ready to assist. The Math Tutor Center is certainly an engaging community that goes above and beyond in ensuring that all students understand what is being taught in class. Indeed, we want students of all ages and abilities to be fully equipped with peer support at every level of mathematics, whether it be Algebra I or AP Calculus BC.

The Math Tutoring Center is located in T339 and is available:

• 7:45 a.m. – 8:10 a.m. Monday-Friday
  • Every schoolwide M-Block
  • Online during the evenings*