The Christmas Gift Drive

Sean Fialcowitz, Staff Writer

Every kid’s dream is to wake up on Christmas Morning and find gifts under the tree. Delbarton families help such dreams come true through the Annual Christmas Gift and Toy Drive.

On December 7, 2022, Delbarton students once again answered the call and brought gifts and toys for both boys and girls to Delbarton. During homeroom, Deanery members packed up the toys in boxes and loaded them up in a truck bound for Catholic Charities in Paterson. With these toys, the charities can give children in Paterson a Christmas to remember. As Patrick Moore, a Student Coordinator for the Gift Drive put it, “The Christmas Toy Drive is important because it is a good way to bring joy to others, which I think is the true meaning of Christmas. For many of these children, the Christmas Toy Drive is the only way for them to receive Christmas presents and makes the work more impactful.” As a community, we are asked to be as generous as possible to those in need as we have so much for which to be grateful. 

Delbarton families donated enough toys to fill approximately 150 boxes. However, not only does the Gift and Toy Drive provide us with an opportunity to give bto others, it also puts us in the Christmas spirit, as students enjoy hot chocolate and Christmas carols while they pack up the boxes and load the truck. Ultimately, the Annual Gift and Toy Drive was once again a great success and a special experience for the Delbarton Brotherhood.