Spring Track 2022 Preview

Delbarton Domination!

Matthew Pasko

Following a dominant winter season, the Delbarton track team is ready to continue their win streak. The winter team won the County Relays (both varsity and freshman/sophomore), the County Championship, and had several competitors at Nationals. Additionally, the 2021 spring track season won the county championship as well.

In the shadow of the new fieldhouse construction, the team is practicing hard to continue its success this season. In particular, three athletes competed at the Winter Track Nationals: Collin Boler, Brian Boler, and Jeff Cianfrocca. Cianfroca, who is committed to Bucknell, placed first at the Nike Nationals in the High Jump with a jump of 6’6”. Collin Boler ran a 4:09 mile and placed 15th overall at the New Balance Nationals. Brian Boler placed third overall at the New Balance Nationals Rising Stars with a 3200 meter time of 9:15. 

In addition to these athletes, the team has over 70(!) members, comprised of a combination of new and returning athletes. One such athlete, Patrick Moore, (who started out the season third in the state in the 3200 meter run) said, “The spring track season is off to a great start, and the team is looking to improve over the course of the season.”

The spring season has already started off well for the team. At the Mountie Invitational, Delbarton placed first out of 12 teams. Several standout performances came out of this meet. Freshman John Cuzzocrea won the 3200 meter race with a personal best of 10:37, and Brian Boler won the mile with a record of 4:18. In addition, first year runner and freshman Sean Dooley ran a 4:52 mile. Dooley’s performance earned him an item from the treasure chest: a collection of retro gear that rewards stellar race performances. 

This year’s spring team is arguably stronger than it has ever been, and every athlete is eager to get faster, stronger, and win another championship. From hitting the weightroom after school each day to doing a distance run in a torrential downpour, the team has proven that it is willing to go above and beyond to make Delbarton history yet again.