5 Things You Must Do at Delbarton Before You Graduate

Tim Sienko, Delbarton Life Editor

On May 22, I will no longer be a student. In fact, I will be an alumnus of Delbarton School. Although my time will be over, I hope that the underclassmen read this article and take advantage of these special opportunities at Delbarton.

1) Go to even MORE sporting events.

Delbarton sporting events produce some of the best and rowdiest pits you will ever experience at the high school level. Never miss out on an opportunity to see a state championship or TOC game. If you think you don’t like sports, go to a championship game and then tell me if you still don’t like them. Also, swim meets are really fun to watch, but I’m biased.

2) Attend a play, a musical, a concert, or an arts exhibit.

When I applied to Delbarton, I knew the school had some of the best sporting program in the state. Now, I see not only talented athletes, but also some of the most passionate and hard working students that dedicate their time to the arts. If you don’t like plays or concerts, go see one at Delbarton then tell me if you still don’t like them.

3) Take AP European History with Mr. Thompson.

Everybody raves about this class. It’s not an exaggeration and I encourage all freshmen to sign up for this class. There are limited spaces and some years there is competition. However, this class is most rewarding class I’ve taken at this school. You will learn so much about organization, humor, public speaking, forming arguments, current events, writing, and of course, European History. I highly advise signing up for this course, even if you’re not the biggest history buff.

If you didn’t take his class or it’s too late to sign-up, it’s not the end of the world. I could fill this entire article with amazing courses to take at this school.

4) Use your resources wisely.

Time is the most important resource but it isn’t the only one. While time management is important, there are so many resources that I know you will find helpful. Don’t hesitate to talk to your teachers, librarians, guidance counselors, college counselors, or other staff before it is too late.  What you may perceive as an unsolvable problem is usually pretty routine stuff for them to help you with.

5) Enjoy!

These four years at Delbarton have gone by so quickly. Of course, that means nothing to a junior trying to get through AP Physics or a freshman who feels like they have years and years ahead of them before they are finished. The community, resources, atmosphere, and events make Delbarton stand out against other schools. You may get stressed out over work or sports or other obligations, but try to take time out each day to simply enjoy any and all aspects of the school. Before you know it, you will be graduating, like me.