Community Service Fair

Christian Agathis, Editor-in-Chief

Community Service is at the heart of Christianity, the Benedictine education, and Delbarton’s mission statement. Thus, it’s natural that Delbarton students participate in community service regularly, whether that includes going to the Morristown Food Pantry to stock shelves or going to Guatemala to build homes. The great community service performed by Delbarton would not be possible, however, without the Community Service Fair, which took place on September 17th. Delbarton views the fair as critically important so that students’ schedules are altered in order to dedicate an entire hour to the event. 

The Community Service Fair is a essential event on Delbarton’s school calendar. Every student in the school is presented with community service opportunities. In essence, the event entails Delbarton’s student body walking from room to room, learning about the countless community service projects offered at and through Delbarton. In the meantime, each project’s Service Coordinators – students who lead their project and are selected based on their extraordinary participation within said project – give presentations detailing the work that is done and the positive impact it has on the target community. Many service projects incorporate men and women not directly associated with Delbarton but rather the community service program, who describe their work and experience with helping others. 

The service projects included in the fair are as follows: 

A-TEAM (Ushers) 

ABBEY ALTAR ASSOCIATION (Altar Servers)

A GREENER WAVE 

BEADS (Benedictines of East Africa and Delbarton Students):

BETHLEHEM FARM 

BLOOD DRIVE

BRIDGES 

CHRISTMAS TOY DRIVE 

E.P.O.C.H. 

FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIAN ATHLETES 

FROM HOUSES TO HOMES 

INTERFAITH FOOD PANTRY 

MIDDLE SCHOOL MENTORS 

NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE 

NOAH’S FLOOD (Music Ministry) 

OPERATION SMILE THE PROCLAIMERS (Lectors) 

RAISING HOPE – Suicide Awareness Walk 

RUN IT OUT 5K: Brian Fleury Memorial 

S.A.D.D. (Students Against Destructive Decisions 

SOLIDARITY SLEEPOUT (Covenant House for Homeless Youth)

THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE 

WAVE 4 LIFE (Respect Life)

Delbarton is very proud of this expansive list, as it communicates the great respect and care that Delbarton shows to its surrounding community. All of Delbarton’s students are highly encouraged to participate in as much as community service as possible in order to truly comprehend the value of service and our Benedictine tradition.