Delbarton STEM Clubs Join Together!

Science Clubs, UNITE!

Kevin Jin, Staff Writer

Delbarton has always had a passionate group of students pursuing science, rising into prominence when William Li ‘21, hosted a statewide virtual science fair during the Covid-19 pandemic. Even before that, students showed their dedication in various activities, such as the Physicians One Day club, the Robotics Team, the Research and Science club, and more. 

Recently, several of these groups were combined into one joint ultimate science club. This group, consisting of the Super STEM club, Physicians One Day club, and Research and Science club, plans to host more events pertaining to science in general with a wider variety of events (note: Delbotics, the Coding club, and the Cryptocurrency club remain their own separate groups). Last month, they hosted Dr. John Cosmi P’23, ‘25, an interventional cardiologist from Morristown Medical Center. In October, Nicholas Yoo ‘24 is scheduled speak on October 31st at 3 pm in Spada Commons about research in computational biology. In early November, the club is planning to host a science-bowl tournament with trivia-style questions related to all fields of science. Although the clubs merged, they will be keeping their individual Schoology pages, so stay tuned for more updates.

For questions, contact any of the student leaders: Jonathan Lang ‘23, Aaron Wang ‘23, Patrick Eller ‘23, Jack Grbic ‘24, William Du ‘24, Nicholas Yoo ‘24, or Kevin Jin ‘25; or reach out to any of the advisors: Mr. Theroux, Mr. Dittrick, Ms. Luludis, Mrs. Mainardi, or Mr. O’Connell.