Delbarton Launches New Tri-M Chapter

Delbarton Launches New Tri-M Chapter

Kevin Jin, Staff Writer

Delbarton recently launched its Tri-M Music Honor Society chapter! Short for “Modern Music Masters”, this group is for any musicians passionate about helping others and completing community service through the promotion and sharing of music. It is open to any musician of any instrument, including singers.

The group aims to help the community through musical means. Members Kevin Jin ‘25 and Nicholas Yoo ‘24 performed at the Delbarton Sip for Scholarship event on November 11, where parents gathered for wine-tasting. All funds raised were donated towards a scholarship meant to provide a year’s worth of tuition for a deserving Delbarton student. The group hopes to hold more community events as well as school performances. Violinist Nicholas Yoo ‘24 won the first ever Delbarton Music Solo Competition, and will perform a concerto by composer Jean Sibelius during the Winter Concert.

Newly elected organization president James Eck ‘24 has high hopes for the program. “I really hope that this will help expand Delbarton’s music program,” Eck said. “Student involvement is really important with school events, and I really hope that we can get more attention with concerts and other musical performances.”

If you have any questions or would like to join, email Mr. Lyman at [email protected], Mr. Blazier at [email protected], or James Eck at [email protected].