The Courier

The student news site of The Delbarton School

The Courier

The Courier

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Homecoming 2023

Homecoming+2023

Homecoming is always a great day at Delbarton.  It is always a great day to be at Delbarton!

The 2023 Homecoming was special because of the atmosphere and intensity of the football game. On an October 21st rainy day, Delbarton was set to play Depaul Catholic. Both these teams are loaded in talent, as Delbarton at the time was ranked #3 in the state, and Depaul was ranked #10.

The atmosphere was electric on campus with so many family, friends and alumni in attendance.  This game was going to be a special one, and a game many would remember for a long time. Folowing the kickoff, Delbarton was quick to score first. Ryan Trafford scored on the first Green Wave drive, which gave Delbarton all the momentum they needed. The student section (aka “The Pit”) was active and loud making it hard for Depaul to get anything going. The defense played tremendously, forcing Depaul to punt.

On Delbarton’s next drive, Trafford scored once again giving the Green Wave a 14-0 lead. Unfortunately, Trafford was forced to come out of the game after suffering an injury, but was still very productive finishing with 2 touchdowns on the day. Depaul was unable to score in the first half, which gave the Green Wave a 14-0 lead going into halftime.

Coming out of halftime, the Green Wave were determined to extend their lead, and put this game away. Phillip Folmar gave Delbarton a 21-0 lead after scoring out of a wildcat formation. Again, Delbarton’s defense didn’t let the Spartans get anything going, and shut them out, allowing 0 points on the day. With Trafford out, Brock Dandridge stepped up in the running back position, and scored a 46 yard touchdown in the fourth quarter. Dandridge’s touchdown would seal the game for the home team, and would help them beat Depaul 28-0 on the special Homecoming Day. Everyone was excited cheering on their team and it was a great day on the Delbarton campus.