The Courier

The student news site of The Delbarton School

The Courier

The Courier

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Green Wave Hoops

Stellar Season Underway

The Delbarton basketball team has been red hot as of late and currently boasts a 14-3 record.  Each of their three losses comes against formidable opponents. First-year head coach, Coach Crane, has led Delbarton to some big wins throughout the season.

The Green Wave recently picked up a huge win against their arch-rival Mendham on Saturday, where they outscored their opponent by 17. Senior captains Lincoln Zimmerman, Michael Van Raaphorst, and Will Mcginty have all played a tremendous part in the Green Wave’s success up to this point. Van Raaphorst is the leading scorer for Delbarton, averaging almost 16 points per game. Juniors Patrick Mahoney, Anthony Palumbo, Luke Azzinaro, and Lucas Cardinale have also been impactful players contributing to the success of the Green Wave. Delbarton looks forward to the county tournament’s first round where they are scheduled to face Mount Olive on Thursday, February 1st. They look to make a deep run into the tournament as they are the #2 seed in the county playoffs.

The Green Wave Junior Varsity and Freshman teams have also been very successful this season. The JV team has a record of 13-2, while the Freshmen are 13-3. Both teams are preparing for the county playoffs and are hoping to make it far as they have been successful in the past.