The Wave Has Never Been Stronger

The Wave Has Never Been Stronger

Tim Sienko, Delbarton Life Section Editor

CBA. Don Bosco. Mendham. Poly Prep. Roxbury. Seton Hall Prep. These schools, among others, have one thing in common: losses to Delbarton sports teams this year.

With Homecoming 2015 in the books, and the fall season coming to an end, Delbarton is already off to a another great showing – but even more so, the Delbarton pride is alive and well and stronger than ever. In my four years as a Delbarton student, school spirit has always been great, but I will admit that this year, Delbarton has taken school pride to a whole new level.

The school year started out with hundreds of students coming out to support soccer matches – both home and away. The Mendham and Chatham games drew particularly large and spirited crowds, and I applaud all of the underclassmen for coming out and supporting the school. I also tip my hat to Dan Cimaglia and the Council of Seniors who worked to make sure that everybody had rides and could attend the soccer games. Games vs. Seton Hall Prep, Don Bosco, and CBA were also huge successes – both for the pit and for the new 2015 Non-Public A Champions.

Early in the season, after suffering two tough losses, the football team needed support. The pit had to be there. In fact, it was “nonnegotiable,” said Dan via Schoology. Since then, the Green Wave has been rowdier than ever, making their presence known at both home and away games. At Homecoming, the student body paraded onto the football field from a tailgate party held in the Junior lot. At Roxbury, students celebrated a major upset over a highly-ranked Roxbury squad. History was also made recently at Reagan field, where students were amazed by the football team’s comeback vs. Poly Prep, and celebrated an ESPN top-10 play by Senior TE Sam Johnson.

Part of the permeation of this awesome school pride included new cheers and events. Hits like “You’re not singing;” “Green Wave Till I Die;” “Membean Quiz;” and “Ja!” will forever go down in school history. Schoology has been a great conduit for communication and the comment section has never been better. The SpikeBall and Homecoming tournaments only added to the fun frenzy this year has been so far.

This school year has already been one for the books. If you haven’t had the chance to get a game or another Delbarton event yet, I highly encourage you to attend. President Dan has done a great job rallying everyone and making sure that nobody is left behind – the Delbarton way – because here, we belong.

Beat DePaul. Go Wave.