Wave Soccer Defeats Bergen Catholic

Christian Agathis, Staff Writer

At last week’s game, the Wave’s varsity soccer team put up a wall-like defense. During this week’s game, they put up a Barcelona-like offense. At Bergen Catholic High School, Delbarton tripled Bergen’s score, outscoring them six goals to two. The Wave’s superb offense caused the Crusaders to crumble, sending Delbarton to the finals of the NJSIAA North.

Coming off a low scoring victory against Pingry, the Wave put up an offensive clinic, scoring 6 goals against a strong Bergen Catholic team. Stephen Hadley ‘17 and Ethan Fabricant ‘18 each had two goals.  Sam Fuchs ‘17 and Ryan Stefanik ‘18 both contributed one goal each.  Brendan McSorley ‘20, despite being considerably younger than the competition, had an assist and drew a penalty during the game.  The game against Pingry showed off the incredible defense of the Wave, and the game against Bergen Catholic showed off the outstanding offense.

The Wave’s next game will be Thursday, November 10th. They are playing Seton Hall at 7:30 on the neutral turf at Passaic County Tech. After near perfect offenses and defenses against tough opponents, the Green Wave will have all of the momentum against Seton Hall who took more than 100 minutes to score one goal and beat Don Bosco in overtime. The game against Seton Hall will be the finals for the northern New Jersey championship.

(If you are interested in going to the game on Thursday November 10th, it is at 7:30 at Passaic County Technical Institute located at 45 Reinhardt Road in Wayne, NJ)